About Our School
ABOUT MONTCLAIR HIGH SCHOOL
Located in the city of Montclair, Montclair High School is one of six comprehensive high schools in the Chaffey Joint Union High School District. More than 3,300 students are enrolled in grades 9-12.
Montclair High School's vision for its students centers on the concept of lifelong learning. Through a comprehensive and challenging curriculum, all students are provided opportunities to learn the essential academic and social skills necessary for success in our diverse and rapidly changing society.
Built in 1959, the Montclair campus has served nearly three generations of the community. Unique features include Ben Baker Stadium, two gymnasiums, an auditorium, and the Electronic Media Center.
AVID NATIONAL DEMONSTRATION SCHOOL
AVID National Demonstration Schools are exemplary models of the AVID College Readiness System, and they undergo a rigorous validation process and are required to be revalidated every few years to ensure high levels of implementation, with quality and fidelity to AVID strategies school wide.
At an AVID National Demonstration School, visitors can observe:
- AVID as a school wide approach to college readiness
- Evidence of student achievement school wide
- Strong and committed leadership to college readiness for all students at both school and district levels
- A center of learning for AVID best practices school wide
- A committed team of trained AVID educators dedicated to the successful implementation of the AVID College Readiness System for all students
- Models for excellent inquiry-based AVID tutorials—both in the AVID Elective and, in some schools, selected content classrooms
- A showplace of the commitment and synergy that a strong AVID System creates for school wide college readiness
Montclair High School was recognized as an AVID National Demonstration School in 2009, and has been successfully recertified in 2012 and 2016.
MHS RECEIVES GOLDEN BELL AWARD
Montclair was awarded the Golden Bell award in recognition of its AVID program in 2017-2018 by the California School Board Association.
MHS RECOGNIZED AS A GOLD RIBBON SCHOOL
Montclair High School was recognized as a Gold Ribbon School by the California Department of Education in 2017.
MHS SILVER MEDAL RECIPIENT - U.S.NEWS AND WORLD REPORT
The US News and World Report uses a complex ranking system which examines student performance on state-level assessments and accountability metrics, schools which meet a graduation rate threshold, underserved student performance levels outperforming state averages, and college readiness as indicated by AP Exam participation and pass rates. Only 11% of all schools in the United States are recognized as silver medalists. Montclair High School was recognized as one of the top schools in the United States as it was awarded the silver medal by U.S. News and World Report in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.