AP/Honors & GATE
For more information about AP/Honors or GATE programs at Montclair High School, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Review the AP Course Previews here.
Read - Write - Think - Speak
If you are considering AP Lit for English your senior year, there are a few things you need to know:
- You are signing up to do a lot of reading outside of class.
- You are committing to developing your craft as a writer. This means a lot of timed essays.
- You are taking the AP Exam in the spring.
Although summer reading is not required, it is strongly encouraged. To have an advantage over your peers, it is advised that you build reading stamina over the summer.
Summer Reading Recommendations
These titles have been recommended by both Mrs. Pashby and Mr. Warner:
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- *One Flew Over the Cuccoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
- *The Great Gatsby by F. School Fitzgerald
Try to read two books from the list. Titles with an asterisk(*) indicate that there is a great movie version out there, and you should watch it after you read the book.
AP Lit Contact Information:
Do you have questions about summer reading? Do you need a quick answer? Text the message akgc78h to 81010.